Sunday, January 27, 2013

Building the Mould Stations Part 3

 This weekend has been a canoe packed, but I have enjoyed every bit of it. This blog post is more informative of what I did today, and so therefore it is shorter because of the repetitive  nature of the construction process of each station. Having completed three stations at this point, the process is time consuming. (That is only if you want favorable results.)  Part III of the construction process started with cutting the screwed together plywood into sections with a circular saw. Then, my dad thought of the idea to use a "straight edge clamp" for the Circular Saw, to ensure an absolute straight edge, rather than just the Circular Saw because it will ultimately attach to the top side of the "strongback." Then using a saber saw and a band saw, pictured at right, I then sanded the crudely cut outline with an oscillating horizontal sander. Sadly, the sand paper broke, which ended my day, but I look forward to finishing each station and the stern/bow and attaching them to the "strongback."

No comments:

Post a Comment