Thursday, January 24, 2013

Preliminary Problems...


As Ray Klebba states in his website 'www.raysdreamboats.com,' "I believe the more you know about the canoe, the more you will understand its beauty and your appreciation of its beauty will heighten and brighten until you are propelled to find out more about it." This quote is very pertinent to building the canoe mould and the rest of the canoe, in fact, for when building each station, you know exactly how your canoe will look, rather than relying on some one else's work and buying pre-made moulds. The preliminary problem I faced was that as I finished cutting out the station #0-#7, the part was to graph and cut out the stern/bow (words can be used interchangeably because the craft is symmetrical.) After graphing the points and connecting them, I realized that the design if followed the way I was reading it, would have a large hump in the middle. Confused, I consulted my neighbor, who said he would be my "advisor" to answer my questions and help me out. He said that the stern should be measured from Station #6 and the way to read the graph for the other stations is different from the way to read it for the Stern. The more he explained this it made more sense, and I wondered why I had not thought of that earlier. Thus, I am beginning to appreciate my canoe more as I begin to learn more about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment