Monday, January 21, 2013

Preliminary Thoughts...

When I decided to build a Cedar Strip Canoe, I did not know what I was doing or what I was "getting myself into." Luckily, I was able to put some books on hold at the local library. Reading through Ted Moore's Canoecraft and Gil Gilpatrick's Building a Strip Canoe and a couple of helpful websites, I had a little more surety of what I was doing. However, this Senior Project not only included the construction of the Canoe, but also writing a 8 pg. paper about it. Deciding to take a more historical approach to the Canoe, I could then focus on the vast history of the Canoe, rather than the mathematical or materials side. Excited to see the project unfold, the first step was to draw out each shape for each station mould.

No comments:

Post a Comment