Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Attaching the Bow and Stern

 The next stage was to attach the bow and stern to the strongback. The form pictured to the right I think will be the bow, since I feel like it is more square than the other form. However, before I attached the bow, I drilled seven holes in it with a drill press. These holes will help the clamps attach the inside stem to the bow in order that they can be bent. I worked at a slower pace because I was learning more about what I needed to do as I worked, which often led to me re-drilling screws. (and remember... every screwed must be pre-drilled with a drill bit to ensure that is flush) This is a very informative post, in which I am just recounting what I did. Yesterday, I worked on attaching the bow and stern and station #6 and #7, but more information about that will be in the next post....



No comments:

Post a Comment