Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Building the Strongback Part 2


 Writing this blog update a couple days late, I should have written this on friday, but worked on the project instead. Finally, I have moved into the garage, which means I am making progress. (I just wish it didn't have to snow the day I started to work in the garage. It's freezing.) To compensate for the weather, I took the dusty heater from the basement to warm me up. The next step in building the strongback was to attach the legs with 2in. x 10in boards to form not only to strengthen the strongback, but ensure that it does not twist in the change of weather. Since I did not want to buy a 16 ft. 2 x 10, I screwed the board together connecting it with a 2 x 4. The length of the strongback is 15 ft, so stripping the bow and stern will be easier, not to mention removing the canoe from the strongback. The next step was to screw down the 2 x 10 on the top of the strongback, making sure that is was even and level. I have to say, I like working in the garage better because of the additional room. The next step is attaching the bow and stern to the strongback, which I did over the next days, Saturday and Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment